Saturday 12 May 2012

Tank Girl: The Royal Escape - Alan Martin & Rufus Dayglo

It's been a long while since I've read any Tank Girl. I love the old Deadline stuff and I still have my copy of the collection here. I also have the Alan Grant one (Apocalypse) and The Gifting here but I've yet to read them.
I got this one from the library last week and gave it a read.  To be perfectly honest it's a mess.  The fun was gone and the story was just piffle really.
I've never heard of the artist before but apparently he's done work for 2000AD.  His art was pretty solid. Very reminiscent of Jamie Hewlett but I wonder if that's deliberate for this project.  The colour palette was very limited, lots of green and red with occasional splashes of yellow and orange.
At this particular moment I'm thinking this is pretty much a dead product / concept / comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment