Tuesday 23 August 2011

Singularity 7 - Ben Templesmith

I'll be straight here. I bought this for the art. The story wasn't even a consideration. I'm pretty cynical about artists who decide they are going to be writers. Which was just as well as story wise this was a bit of a non-event. It's an OK idea but there's no real meat to the plot. Nothing essentially happens and then the world ends but doesn't.

The pictures though...gosh! He really is in a league of his own. I really dug his 30 Days of Night art but vampires are never my favourites so I wasn't too into the book. Fell on the other hand was an absolute beaute. Teamed with someone who can write, plot and layout Templesmith absolutely shines. Hopefully there'll be more soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ben Templesmith has a very unique style, I have read 30 Days of Night but not Singularity. I should give it a try, though.

    I've been reading some of your posts and I especially liked the one about the Legion by Waid & Kitson. I have just reviewed that title on my blog:

    www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    thanks for your comment. Yeah he's pretty unique and I really like his work. This one looks lovely but doesn;t really read too well. I really do recommend the Fell book he did with Warren Ellis though. that's properly good.
    nice blog btw.
    peace

    ReplyDelete