Tuesday 23 August 2011

Supreme Power: Nighthawk - Daniel Way & Steve Dillon

I'm not really sure what the purpose of these Supreme Power books are but they seem to be particularly violent.

This one is focused on the Kyle Richmond Nighthawk character who seems to have changed colour since I last read anything with him in. He's now an angry black billionaire with a rubber suit fetish and a violent streak.

Nighthawk was always a piss poor Batman riff and this book seems determined to actually dig that hole even deeper by giving him his very own clown faced adversary complete with tank of poisonous gas. The finale takes place in a water filtration site with the character doing something or other to it.

The art, obviously, is Steve Dillon level beautiful. Clean, crisp and natural. As for the story though, I'm not sure what I thought. It wasn't bad but it was depressingly violent. Realistic or voyeuristic? I can't decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment