Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tharg's Future Shocks

Various writers & artists
2000AD

here we have a tiny little pocket book of 2000AD shorts which I assume is part of the same series of releases as the Dredd ones.

This collection features a huge assortment of non-classic (read that as not written by Alan Moore) contributions to the series.  There're a lot of stories here that I remember and loads that I don't.  For the most part they're all a bit un-brilliant and slightly naff in places.

There's lots of very nice artwork though from some 2000AD heroes like Glenn Fabry, Massimo Bellardinelli, Ron Smith and Chris Weston who all bring the pretty.

I am perhaps feel like I'm being a little harsh here as there were some fun reads but with a few exceptions they didn't really get the 'shock' part working for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment