Tuesday 8 January 2013

Hitman vol.3: Local Heroes - Garth Ennis & John McCrea

I spotted this in the library the other day and as it's been years since I read it I grabbed it. Tt was just as good as I remembered.

Tommy Monaghan is a vaguely superpowered hitman with a typically Ennis styled crew of mates.  Tommy only hits supervillains but for most of this story he is being chased by shady government types (a Green Lantern) which is a fun trip wih some nice jokes at the expense of G.L.(the Kyle version) and Superman's long hair.

The second story is a great little, carnage filled, zombie tale set in an aquarium full of reanimated sealife.

As ever it's the interplay between the characters and the fab and funny dialogue that makes Ennis so much fun to read.  I really must get around to buying these.

No comments:

Post a Comment