Friday 27 May 2011

Electropolis: Infernal Machine - Dean Motter

Motter is the guy who invented Mister X which being a Hernandez brothers fan means I've come across his work before. This time though he's illustrating it himself which means no Jaime or Gilbert to make my eyes go 'ooh purty'.

Motter is a solid artist and some of it is lovely to look at but he's not really doing a great deal for me. Story wise it's a bit of a jumble. A pulp detective story that exists in a metallic future world and concerns the investigations of a robotic gumshoe as he looks into the 'suicide' of his ex-owner / partner. There's also a side story detailing the search for an astolabe that does something or other but to be honest I soon tuned out all the blah and just thumbed it to the end as I'd bought the damn thing from a shop too far away to take it back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment