Friday 27 May 2011

Technicolour Time Machine - Harry Harrison

It's been decades since I read this book for the first time, I was a young teenager I think. It's strange how your memory plays tricks on you too. I remembered it as a comedy but it isn't. It's quietly amusing in parts and mildly frivolous in it's treatment of the film industry but not particularly funny.

I think because I was expecting laughs I didn't really enjoy this as much as I could have done. It was a good solid tale though and sitting here all insomnia'd up at 2:10am it was suitable companionship as I got to read the last 80 pages.

I'm glad I took another look at it as it'd been a while since I'd read any H.H. books (Deathworld 1 about 10 years ago was the last). Not as good as I remembered but a nice way to while away some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment