Friday 27 May 2011

Green Lantern Corps: Recharge - Geoff Johns & Dave Gibbons

Look I knew this was going to be awful when I got it out of the library but oh dear god but it's bad. Gibbons really is a shocking writer and I'm not sure about Johns either but I've not read much by him.

How in the second decade of the 21st century can people - so called professional writer type people - be writing lines like, 'Let's stay bright out there' and feature characters called Bolphunga the Unrelenting!

Anyway, the plot was shit, the characters were hackneyed, the dialogue was mediocre (at best) and the whole thing was generally a massive bring down. Companies like DC should be making better comics than this. I know I'm not in their target demographic but c'mon, this was dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment